Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Best Month!



Yep, this is exactly what happens when I'm invited to an 80s party...if you have a minute to check out my mini-album on Facebook, there are a few more ridiculous images there. But why do anything at all if you can't enjoy it? :)

This time of year is, for a bunch of photographers, the best time to pick up new skills, learn new photo tricks, and meet new people. The rest of the year can sometimes get so crazy that we are working, working, working. But for now, it's time to learn and hang out. Yay!

I'm also super excited about all the new friends I've been meeting at the conferences and workshops I've been lucky enough to be a part of...including the 3-day workshop I'm super-pumped about next week: BLEND

Speaking of new friends, conferences and workshops...from this coming Saturday, I'll be out of town...until the following Friday (March 21-27), and I'll be sure to post pictures documenting the whole experience. Saturday through Monday sends me to Dallas, TX to photograph my wedding friends, Kama and Chris. My only photo-request is a 10 gallon hat, and I'm keeping my photo-dorky fingers crossed! Then on Monday, I'll be swinging over to Santa Fe, NM for BLEND. Yippeeee!! I'll be learning and shooting with some of my favorite photo heroes of all time. I'm still pinching myself about the whole experience.

Also, a special "Awesome" goes out to Mr. Danny Leary , for giving his "Complete Wedding Photographer" class on Monday in Huntington, WV...and for being the beginning event of the new Pro-Photo group, "Oh, Snap!". Oh, Snap is a fun little pet project I've been wanting to start up for a while now, and finally had the push to get it going. There are soo many amazing photographers in WV, and I didn't think we were hanging out enough. So, this is my little contribution to the love of photo. ;)

Michele Coleman posted a fun slideshow from our first lunch/class on her blog, if you want to see the photo-peoples in "hang-out" mode, check it out. I do apologize for the crazy alligator, though.

For constant MWP updates, be sure to become my Facebook friend. I'm kinda addicted to that place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only is Michelle a great photographer, she is also like totally rad too man!

Lisa Hernandez said...

Michelle, you are so adorable! I LOVE your website! Especially the part about things you love. Just meeting you for the brief time I did (blogging bootcamp yesterday) I know that every word on your website is completely accurate. WV is lucky to have you. So now I am going to have to follow your blog to watch how you take over the photography world, one new best friend at a time...

Michelle Waters said...

Dusty. I love you. :) You are by far, my very favorite!

Lisa-I am so happy to have met you yesterday. I have my blog makeover in process, and will be working out a schedule for posting. Thanks so much for your kindness! I'm hoping you are one of my new best friends. You are the best! And I'll be keeping up with you, too. I'm a long-time fan. :)